The warehousing and logistics division is a rapidly expanding sector of the Trafigura group, employing over 1200 people across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. The main operations of the division include:
- The blending of metal concentrates in Chile, China, Mexico and Peru
- Refined metal storage compliant with LME communication protocols in Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, the UK, United Arab Emirates and the US
- The transportation of copper from the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia to global export markets
- Coal, bauxite, and alumina operations in USA and Colombia
- Iron ore operations in China, Mexico
Expand / Collapse
We operate 60 warehousing sites in 30 different countries worldwide, with more than 4,000,000m2 of owned and leased storage capacity. We aim to be the logistics services provider of choice in the metals, minerals, and coal industry. To achieve this, we focus on providing excellent service by taking care of the supply chain and handling needs for our customers. This not only includes the traditional focus on warehousing and transportation, but also value-added services such as information supply, processing, and security. We also offer competitive rates, aiming to create the optimum balance between the configuration of our logistics infrastructure, quality of services, transit times, and cost management. Finally, we are always considering opportunities to grow the quality of our services by listening to ideas from customers, employees, and advisors.
The assets we operate are either solving a logistical constraint, or providing access to scale economies. With a focus on mining commodities, our operational locations are typically close to mining or consumption areas. Many of our assets are in developing countries, and we have extensive experience operating on every continent.