4 October 2013 - Trafigura has successfully signed a new USD1.5 billion prepayment facility agreement. The proceeds of this landmark transaction will be used to make a prepayment to Rosneft Oil Company in relation to a crude oil delivery contract signed between the two companies in June this year. The facility will be discharged by deliveries of crude oil to Trafigura.
Christophe Salmon, CFO EMEA for Trafigura, commented: "This is a landmark transaction for Trafigura in terms of the size, but also in its helping to support our ambitious growth plans within Russia. Sixteen banks joined the facilities, underlining the strong market appetite for structured commodity finance transactions."
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc acted as coordinating bookrunner and documentation agent for the transaction, while Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking will act as the Facility Agent and Security Agent.
Trafigura's Global Press Office: +44 207 009 1708 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
The Trafigura Group is one of the world's leading international commodity traders, specialising in the oil, minerals and metals markets, with 81 offices in 56 countries in six continents.
The Group's primary trading businesses are the supply and transport of crude oil, petroleum products, renewable energies, coal, refined metals, ferrous and non-ferrous ores and concentrates. It is the world's second largest privately owned non-ferrous and oil trading company.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing turnover from USD18 billion in 2004 to USD120.4 billion in 2012.
For more information visit www.trafigura.com
The following banks participated in the transaction:
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Société Générale
Mandated Lead Arrangers
- BNP Paribas (Suisse) S.A.
- KfW IPEX-Bank GMBH
- Lloyds Bank plc
- Unicredit Bank AG
- Apple Bank for Savings
- BAWAG P.S.K. Bank Für Arbeit und Wirtschaft und Österreichische Postsparkasse Aktiengesellschaft
- Banco do Brazsil S.A. London
- Credit Agricole (Suisse) S.A.
- Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeissen-Boerenleenbank B.A. trading as "Rabobank International", London branch
- Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeissen-Boerenleenbank B.A. trading as "Rabobank International", Utrecht branch
- Deutsche Bank AG, Amsterdam Branch
- ICBC (London) plc
- Mashreqbank PSC
- United Overseas Bank Limited