Report grievances safely, securely, anonymously and with confidence
The Trafigura Group encourages the identification and escalation of issues that may negatively impact the operations or reputation of the Group; the wellbeing of its employees; or the communities within which the Trafigura Group undertakes its commercial activities.
To help facilitate the speed and ease with which issues can be escalated, Trafigura has retained a market leading grievance escalation supplier called ‘NAVEX Global’ to provide an anonymous 24/7/365 manned telephone hotline and web reporting service for the reporting of grievances.
A “grievance” is any negative feedback or genuine concern from a stakeholder related to Trafigura’s operations or activities. Our criteria for acceptance of a grievance are broad and flexible in order to accommodate as wide a range of grievances as possible. This service is available to all internal and external stakeholders. At a global level, grievances can be logged via the following means, regardless of which Trafigura Group company the grievance relates.
- Please click here to view Freephone numbers.
- Callers will be directed to a trained call handler via an automated message.
- Callers will be given a choice to leave a secure voice message or speak to a call handler in person, in which case the call will be transferred through to a trained agent.
- Having spoken to a call handler, the Caller will be given a case number so that they can call back later to receive any feedback. This unique number will be used when information is relayed directly to and from our company via NAVEX Global.
Please be advised that due to limited or inconsistent local network coverage in some jurisdictions, accessing the grievance line by phone may sometimes result in a failure to connect to NAVEX Global personnel. Connection failures are beyond our control and are most commonly seen in relation to calls are made through VoIP service providers, or where cell / mobile connectivity is weak. In such instances we respectfully encourage stakeholders to either report grievances via the web platform, as explained below, or if the parties involved are comfortable in doing so, pursuing another channel of communication such as by email via firstname.lastname@example.org or, if relevant, by contacting a local Trafigura office directly.
- Please click here to access NAVEX Global’s web reporting service.
- On completion of your report, either in short or long form, you will be given a unique case number and password so that you can log back into the system and add to the report, or, where possible and appropriate, to obtain feedback from Trafigura via NAVEX Global’s confidential case management system.
We believe that every grievance must be managed consistently and with due respect for the complainant.
Logging and investigating all grievances does not mean that they will all be accepted as legitimate complaints. As a point of principle, our responsibility to remediate a grievance will be limited to those cases where the alleged harm/wrong is caused by our activities, or where our activities have contributed.
Should you have any general questions about this service or about our responsibility program as a whole please click here.
As outlined above, when you report a grievance to NAVEX Global, an anonymous case number will be generated. We will endeavour to review each case via NAVEX Global within a two week period. Please note that whilst we commit to acknowledge and review all grievance, it is likely in many cases that details about the outcome of any subsequent investigation will be confidential and it will not be appropriate to be shared via an anonymous third party reporting service.
Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the anonymity of anyone who wishes to raise a grievance via NAVEX Global there may be occasions when the identity of the complainant may become apparent as a consequence of any resulting review or investigation.
In the event of an emergency (defined as imminent threat to life or imminent threat of physical harm to persons or property) out of normal working hours (9am to 5.30pm UK time Monday to Friday inclusive) NAVEX Global will attempt to contact our authorised recipients via their emergency telephone numbers.